[wellylug] mouse-wheel

Templeman Colin Colin.TEMPLEMAN at nzpost.co.nz
Fri Nov 19 10:43:15 NZDT 2004

On this topic of discussion:

Using Windows, my MS Intellimouse Explorer 3 (infrared, 4 buttons plus scroll wheel jobbie) has the thumb buttons configured for 'forwards' and 'backwards' navigation in a browser (and windows explorer).  I like this.

Can anyone save me the googling and advise if this useful functionality can readily be mapped across to Gnome?  I have tried the 'imps/2' and 'explorerps/2' configs in XFree86 but this doesn't work out of the box.  It's not that I am being lazy per se, just that it's shaping up to be a sunny weekend and I'd rather be piloting my bike rather than the computer chair.

Cheers for any tips.

Regards,
--
Colin Templeman [CISA]