[wellylug] On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:41:33 +1200, you wrote:,,>This technically challenged new Linux user needs a competent geek to=20,>give at home help with:,>,>a) restoring a trashed swap space,>,How did it get trashed???,,Cheers,,,Cliff

Pete Black pete at marchingcubes.com
Fri Oct 1 12:55:48 NZST 2004

swap space is by definition just junk while not in use, so checking the
partition is marked as the correct swap type (type 82 off top of head
but don't quote me on that) using mkswap on the partition and then
adding it to /etc/fstab and using the swapon command should get you swap
- altenatively you can use the addswap command and swapon to add it
temporarily at run time but you'll need to add it to /etc/fstab to get
the swap mounted at boot time.

I'd be happy to help you with your questions but I can't be arsed coming
out to the hutt :)

if youre willing to bring your PC into town (kingston, wellington), i'll
sort out your problems and add your RAM etc. if you bring it with you.
My usual fee is a dozen beers.

-Pete