[wellylug] Samba Issue

Chris Hodgetts chris at archnetnz.com
Sun Oct 3 21:24:49 NZDT 2004

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and can help..

I have a couple of Samba shares on a machine for the single Windows
machine on my home network, and just within the last two weeks..

When ever you try and access the share on both Linux and Windows it
stalls the application trying to access them..

EG: Nautilus stalls when you try to open a file, or try to get the file
properties - likewise with Exploiter or Open Office...

I have this in my smb.conf file:
socket options = TCP_NODELAY

I understand this improves performance on the connection - however I
cant see anything else in there that would cause this issue.

It happens on all Shares and on all clients...

Thanks in advance :)