[wellylug] Open Office 1.1.3 Released

Nick Jensen nickspoon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:23:21 NZDT 2004

> > I've never used Open Office - how does it compare to Microsoft Office?
> > Price aside of course.
> I quite like it

So it's very similar in style to MS Office? My mother wants to be able
to take home documents from work where she uses MS Office 2003, and
she doesn't want to pay $500 or whatever it costs these days for 2003
- do you know if Open Office will be similar enough for her to use it
effectively, and if documents created in Office 2003 and modified in
Open Office will still be readable by Office 2003?

    Nick