[wellylug] Scripting mozilla to open a blank message with attachments

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 10:53:23 NZDT 2004

Hi all

A question for you:

I would like to have a bash script which opens a blank mail message in
Mozilla, but with a list of attachments I specify.

'mozilla -remote' will open a blank message, but appears not powerful
enough to do the attachments.  XPCOM could almost certainly to do it,
but then I have to go through the whole "create XUL, create js,
register component" malarky.

Any ideas?  (And it would be even better if the same hack worked for
Thunderbird).

Cheers
Tony

--