[wellylug] gpg

Ian Sterling xyverz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 19:15:43 NZST 2004

> I have a need to send gpg signed/encrypted mail from both sites. I was
> wondering what the best way of doing this was. Is it simply a matter of
> exporting my private key and importing that back at the other site? Or
> do I simply copy the entire .gnupg directory over to the other machine?
> what's the 'proper' way of doing this sort of thing?

I don't know what the proper way of doing it is, but I just scp my
.gnupg dir over to the other machines.  Works fine for me that way.

Probably one of the most secure ways to do it though, is to put your
keys on one of them usb drives - a 16mb one should suffice - and just
ln -s your .gnupg dir to that device.  Then just keep it with you at
all times, and you'd have it for any machine.

Hope this helps.  Andre's idea works too.