[wellylug] Take a hint

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 20:54:07 NZST 2004

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 20:25:57 +1200, michael at diaspora.gen.nz wrote:

> The bindings in bash aren't known as 'Emacs bindings' for nothing.

Ya, I tried to change to vi bindings using Ctrl-Alt-J, but it didn't
seem to work.  Bash is obviously programmed by emacs zealots who wish
to make it as difficult as possible for people to return to the sanity
of the one supreme editor.

:-)

(Disclaimer: this is not an invitation to start a holy-editor war.  I
don't really have a preference.  I was just interested to try the
alternative key bindings when I saw the option in the man page, and
was surprised when it didn't work).

--
Tony (echo 'spend!,pocket awide' | sed 'y/acdeikospntw!, /l at omcgtjuba.phi/')