[wellylug] Jedo

Bill Christiansen bill.christiansen at paradise.net.nz
Tue Sep 14 11:41:24 NZST 2004

I did a test install of Jedo this morning, there's a couple of things that
will need fixing in the install script but otherwise it looks like it's off to
a good start. At the end of the install where it said it was configuring grub
and would give me a chance to install it, it then jumped straight to the part
where it said the base install was finished and to remove CD and reboot, but
the boot loader hadn't been installed (I was using /dev/hdb7 so it may have
had something to do with it). Anyway I mounted Jedo from my other distro and
chroot'd in and copied across lilo since I'm more familiar with that and then
it booted OK but I didn't know the root password (it must have skipped that
bit in the installer too) but I was able to chroot in again and change the pw
so now I can log in to gnome. It will obviously need a few more set-up tools
but like I said it's off to a good start - well done Jethro!