[wellylug] Is SUSE a desktop distro? (AARRGGHH!)

Centurion Computer Technology Ltd daniel at centurion.net.nz
Sat Sep 25 09:12:08 NZST 2004

Well may you should Nvidia, who don't provide open up their chipset
drivers, and make it difficult for them to be included in linux
distrobutions.  I at the moment am avoiding selling nforce based boards
for this very reason.  Graphics card 3d acceleration is one thing, but
tying up the core functionality of a motherboard is just goig too far.

I say boycott them until they open up the source!!!

You can't blame a distro, I'll bet that nVidia will charge to have their
drivers bundled with a distro, which would explain why you only see them
bundled with the Professional pay for distro's.

--
	Daniel Reurich
	Centurion Computer Technolgy Limited

	Ph: (04) 565 1832