[wellylug] scribus

Wayne Koorts wayne at wkoorts.com
Mon Sep 27 20:44:11 NZST 2004

> I have just switched to linux and am using mandrake 10.  I
> am very much a newbie!

Welcome to Linux and WellyLUG!

> I have just downloaded Scribus 1.2 and rather hesitantly
> tried to install it following the install text
> instructions.  I managed to cd to the directory where the
> scribus package was sitting and then was supposed to enter
> the./configure command and ran into a brick wall - was
> told there is no such command.

Hmmm, you probably downloaded a package that looks something like this:
scribus-1.x.x-x.tar.gz

Correct?  If so, try the following from inside the directory where you
downloaded the package to:

tar -xvzf scribus-package.tar.gz
cd scribus-package-unpacked-dir
./configure
make
make install

Run the last command as root.

I hope this helps.  If not, please tell us what package(s) you downloaded.

--
Regards,
Wayne Koorts