[wellylug] Mandrake 10

Steve Macdonald smar_tarse at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:39:32 NZST 2004

Ok have never used this before so dont know how I go about posting questions or anything.

I have just brought a copy of Mandrake 10 and went to install it on my laptop which is an Packard Bell Easynote C3, has a athlon XP 2600 processor 512 MB Ram SIS 740 Graphics adaptor and the rest of the things that come with it. I have never used or installed Linux before and was told that Mandrake was the best place for me to start. Unfortunatly when I run the set up I only get as far as it asking if I want to install Mandrake and hit enter the screen then goes blank and does nothing after this. I tried all the advanced options for setup and the same thing happens or it appears to freeze.

What am I doing wrong or can I not install it on my machine

Steve