[wellylug] How to monitor CPU/Memory/Disk usage

Jamie Dobbs jamie.dobbs at orcon.net.nz
Wed Apr 6 13:36:06 NZST 2005

I'm a little worried that my 'mail server' PC is getting overloaded and I
am losing emails etc., or that I am having delays in outgoing mail.
How can I set up some sort of monitoring to look at CPU, memory and disk
usage - preferably in a graphical format.
I seem to recall that cricket and/or mrtg might be able to do this but
searching around has not shown me any way to monitor a local PC's stats -
can anyone point me in the right direction?
I'd like to be able to do this on Debian and Gentoo as there are a couple
of other PCs I'd like to be able to monitor as well.