[wellylug] Fedora

Bill Christiansen bill.christiansen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 20:19:50 NZST 2005

I decided to give Fedora another try. (I had tried FC1 on my old
Toshiba laptop about a year ago but had problems getting some things
to work). Since then I realised it was probably a combination of
hardware and inexperience. My laptops had some more ram and a bios
upgrade since and I now know it needs the acpi=force option in the
grub kernel parameters. So I dug out my FC1 discs and installed it and
this time it's running much better so I might even try a later
version. One thing someone may be able to help me with, I wanted to
try an rpm from this page here:
http://ftp.riken.jp/Linux/atrpms/fedora/1/en/i386/RPMS.at-stable/
but when I click on an rpm link in Mozilla it just opens up a page of
ascii characters in the browser rather than downloading the rpm.
Anyone know how to use these one?