[wellylug] Console Screen Saver

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jedolinux.com
Tue Apr 26 09:35:54 NZST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 09:30, Simon Antliff wrote:
> > Google tells me that you could put something in
> >
> > /etc/profile.d/welcome.sh
> >
> > This gets run before the login prompt.
>
> Oops, or maybe it doesnt...

no, I think anything in /etc/profile.d/ only gets run once you login.

Chris, to make it change the terminal settings on boot up, look at the
bootscripts for your distro. I'm not sure how debian does it, but one of
the scripts often has an area where the terminal is setup. You could add
the command there.

Some distros also have a /etc/rc.d/rc.local file, which you could add it
too, but again I don't know how debian likes to do it.

anyway, take a look at the boot scripts.

--
-- Jethro Carr

jethro.carr at jedolinux.com

http://www.jedolinux.com/jethrocarr