[wellylug] Using rsync

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jedolinux.com
Fri Apr 29 11:34:28 NZST 2005

hi all,

I have a rsync server running on my system (192.168.0.3) and I want to
download the contents of it to a folder. The rsync server has a share
called jedolinux.

When I use the command: "rsync -rv rsync://192.168.0.3/jedolinux/ .", I
get the following message:

receiving file list ... done
eclass/64-bit.eclass
write failed on eclass/64-bit.eclass : Bad address
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(272)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (3338 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(165)

All the folder structure is downloaded, but the files aren't.

can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

thanks,

--
-- Jethro Carr

jethro.carr at jedolinux.com