[wellylug] PHP & MySQL problem.

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jedolinux.com
Sun Aug 7 16:43:48 NZST 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 16:25 +1200, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> Hi, it sounds like your PHP instance is not correctly set up to allow
> access to MySQL.
>
> Run the phpinfo command in a test page and look in there to see what
> features it has ...
>
> info.php :-
> <?php
> phpinfo();
> ?>

thanks Jim,

this command was very useful. I'll have to remember it. :-)

Found the problem - When MySQL went from 4.0.x to 4.1.x the php mysql
connection commands changed.

I had to recompile php with the --with-mysqli option and then it showed
up in phpinfo and with a simple change to my website, it all works. :-)

it's a very simple change:

instaid of 'mysql_connect' it's now 'mysqli_connect'

--
Jethro Carr <jethro.carr at jedolinux.com>

www.jethrocarr.jedolinux.com

www.jethrocarr.jedolinux.com/index.php?page=cv/cv.php