[wellylug] "The quart-annual top-posting debate"

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Tue Aug 9 22:50:44 NZST 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Bret Comstock Waldow wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:11, Phillip Hutchings wrote:
>
>> That and US spelling :P
>
> You are merely jealous of our erudition and tasteful economy of usage.
> "Color" has no need for that superfluous 'u'.  (Sound it out.)
>
> And no sentient being would add all those unused extra letters to "oriented" -
> "orientated" ???!!
>
> GW Bush is a quantum fluctuation - uncommon, abnormal, and inexplicable.  And
> incoherent.
>
> Cheers,
> Bret the Migrant

oOoooo another bandwagon?

It is called ENGLISH.
Why the Americans see fit to butcher a language, I don't know.

(I could stir about driving on the wrong side of the road, but theres very
good history[1] for that.)

:D

Willlldly OffTopic. I'll go sit in my corner now.

Mark.

[1] http://www.brianlucas.ca/roadside/ for example.