[wellylug] Epson printer under Linux

David Antliff dave.antliff at paradise.net.nz
Fri Aug 12 09:22:52 NZST 2005

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, John Durham wrote:

> I got the Gimp print drivers set for the 42UX model. Gues what? No
> response from the printer. It's as if the system does not see it, no
> matter which USB is connected.

What do you get if you unplug the USB cable from your printer, run 'dmesg'
in a console, plug it back in again, wait 10 seconds, and run 'dmesg'
again?  Hopefully you should see a difference between the two invocations?

There's also 'files' under /proc/bus/usb/ (not sure about Ubuntu -
currently running Gentoo) that might tell you if it's detected properly.
Just manually go thru them and 'cat' them out. If there's anything
interesting, perhaps post back here.

--
David.