[wellylug] TV Capture

Robin Jury rljury at xtra.co.nz
Fri Dec 30 23:30:36 NZDT 2005

David Murray wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Wayne Koorts wrote:
>
>>> The saa7134-based cards like the Lifeview Flyvideo are pretty decent.
>>> I've been using one for the last four years. Linux 2.6 has driver
>>> support.
>>

>> I'm using one of these - bought one recently from Dick Smith.  They
>> only had one kind of TV card for sale which was that one.  Works well
>> for composite video capture (I use it to play my GameCube through) but
>> I haven't managed to get any TV channels working yet.  Viewing
>> software I use is TVTime.
>

> I too bought one of those cards from Dick Smith.
>
> I too couldn't get any TV channels working - and I tried several
> different programmes to get it working.
>
> I gave up on it. :o(
>
> If anyone would like to give specific instructions on how to get it
> displaying and capturing NZ broadcast TV transmissions - please feel
> free to email me.
>
> I know another person who would be very much interested in knowing this
> info too.
>

> Regards, and a prosperous New Year to you,
>
> David Murray

I have a SAA7134 based card which I was running with xdtv.  I haven't
tried tvtime, but I know I did have trouble selecting the right tuner
for the card.  Mine was a Flyvideo 3000 without FM radio, which has a
different tuner than the one with FM.  Not sure what the DSE one uses.
It was one hell of a "learning experience"  getting the bugger to work.

cheers

Robin