[wellylug] spliting iso

Geraint Jones g.jones at french-maid.co.nz
Mon Feb 7 09:28:50 NZDT 2005

tar is for tapes and the -M takes a signal form the drive that tells it the tape is full

you could look into cpio as i think that will do hat you need

also taper will do backup to file and you can tell that to make 4.5gb volumes, also does incremental backups etc

as an aside i do have a 5gb tape drive and some media if you are interested.