[Fwd: Re: [wellylug] Data charge question:]

Chris Hodgetts chris at archnetnz.com
Thu Feb 10 11:18:23 NZDT 2005

> Have you ever heard such madness...
>
> * Subject*
> Data charge question:
>
> * Discussion Thread*
> * Response (Andrew)* 	10/02/2005 09.26 AM
> Hi there,
>
> Kirsty is our secondary DNS server, you will get charged traffic
> connecting to our DNS servers. There are a list of servers for which
> traffic is free, to quote the paradise.net webpage:

 > In all honesty I fail to see the madness ...
 > They say they run "_a_ _number_ of servers" which are
 > free of charge to most* customers... doesn't say anything
 > about all servers free for all customers.

 >That is totally rediculous.... but not surprising given how much
 >Paradise.net increased on the suckability scale since they got sold to
 >a corporate giant!

It's not the cost that annoys me...

But they give free access to debian.paradise, news.paradise, and many
others which would consume far more bandwidth than a simple DNS query..

and I would have thought that running a DNS service was part of being an
ISP, and would be covered in the cost of the montly fee that you pay
that company to provide you a service.