[wellylug] pcmcia network cards

Bill Christiansen bill.christiansen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 09:03:41 NZDT 2005

I found out why my DSE XH7912 card activates faster than my Xircom -
it doesn't use pcmcia services (even though it plugs into the pcmcia
slot). I tried stopping pcmcia services with: /etc/init.d/pcmcia stop
and the DSE card keeps on working. I think the laptop sees it as an
internal pci card. I'm not sure if that means I should be more
cautious about hot plugging.

Bill