[wellylug] laser printers

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon Feb 21 07:10:51 NZDT 2005

--- bob dugan <bob.dugan at vuw.ac.nz> wrote:

> Any experience with Brother HL 1430 or HL 5140 printers?
>
> We have two computers here, the one using suse 9.0 [personal] and the other
> using suse 9.1 [lpro].
>
> Results of a google search on the two favours the HL 5140.
>
> Thanks
> Bob

I've sold a few 5140 printers. Cheaper consumables, faster & better print
quality for not that many more $$ really. Certainly no problems under Linux, as
at least 2 are on Linux boxes with quite happy owners.

See:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Brother-HL-5140
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Brother-HL-1430

Mixed comments on 1430 Linux compatability, no real issues for the 5140.

Cheers,

  Brent