[wellylug] International charges for national traffic connections

Jeremy Naylor jeremy.naylor at r2.co.nz
Thu Feb 24 16:44:39 NZDT 2005

Jeremy Naylor
26 Oriel Ave
Tawa
Wellington
(021) 374 689

Steve Jackson

TelstraClear Centre
Smales Farm Office Park
Cnr Northcote & Taharoto Roads
Takapuna

Thursday, 24 February 2005

Dear Mr Jackson,

It has been brought to my attention that at 11am on the 24th of February
2005 TelstraClear removed its routing to the Wellington Internet Exchange
(WIX). As you may know, several popular services are accessible through
hosts based on the WIX, such as CityLink's ftp mirrors of open source
software, the New Zealand mirror of the popular Debian linux distribution,
and TV, radio and video streams. Since the change I can no longer access
some of these services, and others have dropped from being fast and
responsive to being very slow.

As I decided on using Paradise Net's internet service as a direct result of
being able to access the aforementioned services, the fact that they are no
longer available, and that I was in no way notified of the impending
change, has a direct impact on my opinion of the internet service provided
to me by TelstraClear.

I understand that in the Terms of Service no particular service level was
guaranteed, but due to these changes I am seriously reconsidering my choice
of ISP. The fast access to the services is important to me, and as
TelstraClear has demonstrated that it is willing to change its service at
any time with no notice to customers I am seriously reconsidering my choice
of ISP.

Yours Sincerely,

Jeremy Naylor
p: +64 21 374 689