[wellylug] Re: GNUStep

David Antliff dave.antliff at paradise.net.nz
Sat Feb 26 16:38:07 NZDT 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Phillip Hutchings wrote:
> Basically a delegate is a method in a class (normally your controller
> class - GNUStep won't work well unless you use MVC) that implements some
> behaviour pattern for another.

After playing around some more and finding some examples of delegates, the
term 'hook' comes to mind here... it's implemented as a runtime feature of
GNUstep rather than part of the language by the looks - messages get
passed to the delegate object before the main object.

I find hooks very useful in Emacs and I can see how they would be useful
here too...

--
David.