[wellylug] Problem powering off an ATX system

Bret Comstock Waldow bwaldow at woosh.co.nz
Wed Jan 12 07:02:24 NZDT 2005

The kernel in Xandros 2.0 is 2.4.22.  They list one upgrade in their
automatic flow.  I suspect it's to a later 2.4.x kernel.

If I have to do the upgrade, then she can't maintain the computer via
Xandros's own upgrades.  She is in Australia, and quite sensibly won't
accept the hassle of dealing with it.  I think she's wise.

I chose Xandros for her machine as hopefully having the least
interaction.  They seemed to have their system worked out.  I figured I
was paying for them to deal with the software - it's worth it to me in
this case.

I'd rather upgrade her hardware to a known standard than screw around
with the software.  So, any information about power supplies and ATX
mother boards and settings that worked or didn't is most interesting of
all.

Cheers,
Bret