ADMIN: HTML e-mail (was: Re: [wellylug] [Extremely OT])

Phillip Hutchings sitharus at sitharus.com
Tue Jan 25 14:44:28 NZDT 2005

On 25/01/2005, at 1:35 PM, Jeremy Naylor wrote:

> Phillip Hutchings wrote:
>
>> Eeeek! The list allows HTML emails! Turn it off! My eyes!
>>
>> --
>> Phillip Hutchings
>> sitharus at sitharus.com
>> http://www.sitharus.com/
>
> Hey Phillip and all,
>
> I don't know how to turn off HTML e-mail in Mailman, sorry. If I did
> then I would!
>
> Any ideas how to please?

 From the Mailman FAQ:
  Q. My users hate HTML in their email and for security reasons, I want
to strip out all MIME attachments. How can I do this?
  A. Mailman 2.1 has this feature built-in. See the Content Filtering
Options page in the admin interface.

Unfortunately the list is using 2.0.11, so unless there's some sort of
external filter (something like mimedefang) then we're out of luck :/

--
Phillip Hutchings
sitharus at sitharus.com
http://www.sitharus.com/