[wellylug] Looking for an ISP recommendation

Pete Black pete at marchingcubes.com
Tue Jan 25 23:39:21 NZDT 2005

No, you expect to get what they say you are paying for - which in most
cases is a reliable internet connection.

If they want to advertise their service as being prone to outages,
subject to poor latency and throughput due to them overselling the
bandwidth they pay for, tell you upfront their helpdesk is understaffed
by braindead minimum-wage monkeys, and basically tell you upfront they
are going to supply you with a ratshit service but thats the best they
can do on the minimal profits they are able to squeeze out of the
market  - well, maybe it would be another story.

However, if theyre going to make representations of competence and
quality at a low price, I don't see why you shouldn't damn well hold
them to it.

I mean, if I pay for a  steak and cheese pie and they give me mince, you
bet your ass i'll complain.

-Pete