[wellylug] debian

Bill Christiansen bill.christiansen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 22:57:35 NZDT 2005

I did a net install of Debian Sarge via the ftp server last weekend
and even though the server was only giving 20k/s (256k Paradise) most
of the time, I got the base install in a few hours and then did an
aptitude dist-upgrade and waited for another 400 MB to D/L and found I
then had full working Gnome & KDE desktops. I have used several Debian
derivatives before but I must say I was impressed with the "real
thing" in respect of stability & performance etc.

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:41:27 +1300 (NZDT), andrej at paradise.net.nz