[wellylug] [Extremely OT]

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 16:08:49 NZDT 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:36:58 +0800, Hong Chyr wrote:

> Tony, thanks for the suggestions and all. But I think the "quick answers" are very much part of Linux/free speech spirit. As long as we can keep it objective and not personal, eh?

Okay, let's keep it objective...

My suggestion was that we find out about the existence of a MSWindows
list, so that we can refer people to it for the quick answers you
mention, and keep the traffic off the LINUX user group list.  If it
was just the one Windows question, it wouldn't be worth it, but there
have been a few, and I didn't sign up to the list to provide Windows
support.

I'm not suggesting we be hostile (and I think I was downright friendly
in my last post), but instead gently encourage people wanting to ask
Windows questions to go to the appropriate places:
<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx>
<http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=search>

Does anybody else wish to add anything more local?

If those links aren't doing the job for you, by all means complain to
the folks you bought the product from, or change products.

There we go -- community service completed.  It took me a minute of googling.

--
Tony (echo 'spend!,pocket awide' | sed 'y/acdeikospntw!, /l at omcgtjuba.phi/')