[wellylug] Re: NZLUG discussion

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Mon Jul 11 18:56:08 NZST 2005

>> How about accepting that NZLUG exists and finding ways to make it
>> meaningful to the NZ Linux community? (conspiracy theorists need not
>> apply ;-)
>
> NZLUG exists (according to Mark Foster) as only a website and an email
> list.
>
> Can such an entity, for example, make a submission in its own right to a
> select committee?
>
> That's the sort of thing why I think that it should exist on a proper
> formal footing - especially if it is constituted of all the regional
> LUGs.

Thats where my idea for NZLUG and yours differ.
On a political level, the New Zealand Open Source Society is already
working on our behalf.  They are not only able, but are also very willing,
to champion Linux in a legal and political sense.  Leaving us to get on
with the good business of fiddling with Linux. :-)

(yes I know I said i'd stay quiet. Sorry... :P)