[wellylug] Microsoft At WellyLUG last night.

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Sat Jul 16 10:02:12 NZST 2005

> I want to see GNU/Linux achieve World Domination - with those nations
> and states and corporations who are enslaved to its power willingly
> contributing time, money and resources to its continued
> community-focused existence. ;o)

With you as the dictator ensuring the willing slaves continue to prosper :-)

Personally I'd like Linux (& OS software/data) to become world dominant WITHOUT
"achieving World Domination". On it's own merit and that of it's contributors &
proponents. Not an enslavement of anyone to its power but due to a widespread
recognition and appreciation of its capabilities.

Not because of a rationalised faith that Linux is the One True Operating System
and commercial software is the work of evil.

I don't think fire & brimstone sermons on the evils of Red Hat charging money
for something some organisations are happy to pay for, or Microsoft because
they pretty much made personal computing what is is today & used very effective
marketing to make lots of $$ along the way are not really going to convince
many non-Linuxers of the evil path they are wandering on.

No one really expects a high standard of ethics or honesty from any large
corporate (or politician) anyway, so this refrain from Linux proponents doesn't
go far to sway unbelievers.....

Cheers,

  Brent