[wellylug] laptop advice sought

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:19:42 NZST 2005

On 7/22/05, Wayne Koorts wrote:
> Whatever you do, try to use Windows-based partitioning software and
> preferably Partition Magic if you can.  I have had a bad experience
> with a bug in the common Linux resizing software used in most distro's
> which will make your Windows drive unable to boot unless you
> re-format.

On my work machine I recently shrank an NTFS partition and added a FAT
one with qtparted, which I use from the bootable SystemRescueCD
(sysresccd.org).

It worked fine, but it sounds like I was fortunate not to break
something and bring the wrath of the helpdesk down on me :-).

--
Tony (echo 'spend!,pocket awide' | sed 'y/acdeikospntw!, /l at omcgtjuba.phi/')