[wellylug] multidot filenames

Martin Bähr mbaehr at email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jun 1 12:16:40 NZST 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 11:36:48AM +1200, E.Chalaron wrote:
> I need to locate filenames with multidots on my system.
> file.ext1.ext2;

find -name "*.*.*";
should do, or:
find -name "*.*.*" -or -name ".*.*";
if you also want to find hidden files.

more options in the find manpage.

greetings, martin.
--
cooperative communication with sTeam      -     caudium, pike, roxen and unix
offering: programming, training and administration   -  anywhere in the world