[wellylug] Need to write a program for os x and Linux

Pete Black pete at marchingcubes.com
Tue Mar 1 09:47:05 NZDT 2005

Another option, a bit out of left-field is Gambas - this is an
all-in-one IDE/language which resembles VB in aspect, though not
entirely in syntax and approach.

It won't create native executables (e.g. users need gambas to run it)
but it might just fit the bill for you, since you can most likely simply
distribute the gambas interpreter with your app.

Personally, I have a  x-platform app (OS X, Linux) in C/SDL/GTK, and
like Grant, I have also used the GTK2-Perl bindings which are pretty nice.

Hope that helps

-Pete