[wellylug] NVidia vs. ATI

Pete Black pete at marchingcubes.com
Tue Mar 1 17:05:16 NZDT 2005

NVidia. My Nvidia cards are pretty solid (though I do see inexplicable
lockups with GL screensavers etc.) and turn in excellent performance.
Can't compare to windows since I don't own a windows-running computer.

ATI (especially newer cards that ATI can't be bothered to support) is
rubbish under Linux. Some of their FireGL boards are reasonable
performers under Linux, but personally, I wouldn't touch an ATI card
with a ten foot pole.

-Pete