[wellylug] outgoing mail date

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Mon May 2 20:19:03 NZST 2005

On 5/3/05, Persian wrote:

> I really have no idea how I can ask ihug this! As far as I know, not far, I have sendmail!

Actually, the ihug time setting is right.  NZ is GMT+12.

Fixing your timezone might be all you need?  In KDE, right-click the
clock in the task bar, select 'Adjust date and time', enter your root
password.  Change the zone to Pacific/Auckland.

You _might_ also need to check whether or not your hardware clock is
on NZST or UTC.  In Debian, /etc/default/rcS contains a line which
reads "UTC=no" or "UTC=yes".  It can be fiddled with.

Anybody else know the RedHat and/or Gnome settings?

> Now I have another problem as it seems I have just over written
> my submit.mc whilst trying to send the file outout somewhere.
> Can someone please suggest a way I can get this file
> back from somewhere?

I'm not familiar with rpm (that's the disclaimer), but this site
<http://susefaq.sourceforge.net/articles/rpm.html> suggests a
possibility:

[NB: the file you want should be somewhere under
/usr/src/packages/SOURCES once 1. and 2. have been completed]

To extract the sources [for sendmail, which you will need to download
a src.rpm for] and apply patches from a source package (without
building an rpm)

   1.

      rpm -ivh source-package

          This installs the source in /usr/src/packages/SOURCES and
installs the spec file in /usr/src/packages/SPECS.

   2.

      rpm -bp spec-file

          This extracts the sources into /usr/src/packages/BUILD and
applies any patches from the source package, but does not compile it
or create a binary rpm package.

--
Tony (echo 'spend!,pocket awide' | sed 'y/acdeikospntw!, /l at omcgtjuba.phi/')