[wellylug] CCUX Linux

Rosemary McGillicuddy mcgillra at infogen.net.nz
Mon May 2 21:20:52 NZST 2005

Bill Christiansen wrote:
> If anyone's looking for a new distro to try, I just tried CCUX a new
> German distro.
> It has a nice tab based gui installer allowing you to set all the
> install parameters before you click start.
> 2.6.11 kernel
> latest kde 3.4
> Only loads what it needs so it's very zippy even on my old p2.
>
> Bill

Took a look at the website - it looks nice for a newbie (like me).
Currently I have dual boot WinXP and Mandriva LE, but find that I rarely
boot to win these days.  Only if need to use scanner, or Family Tree data.

My only concern is that mandriva uses lilo bootloader.  If I decided to
try CCUX would GRUB override that, and if so, what would happen if I
decided I hated CCUX (dreadful name, almost as bad as Mandriva)?

Thanks
Rosemary

--
Rosemary

Registered Linux User # 386597  http://counter.li.org
"A friend may well be a masterpiece of nature".  Emerson