[wellylug] Printer suddenly not printing

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jedolinux.com
Thu May 5 21:08:44 NZST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 20:40, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> I'm using mandriva LE and until a few days ago my printer worked
> perfectly (better than Windows actually).  I attempted to use an
> application called Mtink, part of print-utils to check ink cartridge
> usage.  Mtink wouldn't close down properly and I had to end the session
> to close it.  Ever since I can't print.  I've uninstalled and
> reinstalled the printer, and now removed print-utils using urpme.  Still
> the printer doesn't print.  I can see the print jobs pending in
> Kjobviewer, and I'm told print is going to printer, or being processed,
> but no printer action.
>
> Any help appreciated.

I assume that you have tried restarting the system, and powering off &
on the printer? Printers can get junk stuck in their memory.

It could also be something like a lock file preventing any other
programs from accessing the printer. I'm not too sure how Mtink works
however, so I can't give you too much info about the possiblilty of lock
files.

--
-- Jethro Carr

jethro.carr at jedolinux.com