[wellylug] How to update Samba on Clark Connect 3.0?

Sarah McMurray sarahmcm at getthebest.co.nz
Thu May 12 19:01:52 NZST 2005

Hello wellylug,

We are Linux newbies in a spot of bother with a Samba server.

Background:
A client requires user-level security on a Samba server, and has Microsoft
Office on WinXP workstations. We have discovered, joy!, that in the version
of Samba server that ships with Clark Connect 3.0, there is a bug that
causes user-level security pretty much to fall over completely when used in
conjunction with MS Office. We are trying to get the latest version of Samba
Server and are having difficulties upgrading: the server is telling us when
performing apt-get that the latest version of Samba server is already
installed, when we know it is not - as the bug is still there.

Question:
Can anyone help us by telling us location(s) of apt-get rpm sources for
clark connect?

We want to love Linux!!

Sarah McM

Sarah McMurray