[wellylug] CCUX install stops at "vesafb"

Rosemary McGillicuddy mcgillra at infogen.net.nz
Tue May 17 16:46:44 NZST 2005

Jes Hall wrote:
> On Saturday 14 May 2005 18:16, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
>
>>I've got a bid on a *very* cheap system on Trade me - probably doesn't
>>go :-)  But sooner or later will get something, and looking forward to
>>trying different things.
>

> I've ordered close to 2 dozen second hand machines, both laptops and desktops
> from this place: http://www.computerlink.co.nz
> (I'm not affiliated with them in any way.)
>
> They have very cheap prices, and a short warranty on second hand purchases so
> at least you have peace of mind that if it arrives not working properly you
> can send it straight back. In all the systems I've ordered I've had a single
> failed part in a single machine. I sent the machine back and within a week
> had a replacement. If you find you're not having much luck finding something
> nice on trademe perhaps these guys might have something =)

Thanks for that suggestion - I'll take a look.  Also have another
recommendation which I am looking at, who also provides short warranty
on second hand computers.  So should get sorted :-)

--
Rosemary

Registered Linux User # 386597  http://counter.li.org
"A friend may well be a masterpiece of nature".  Emerson