[wellylug] multiport serial cards?

Donald Gordon don at dis.org.nz
Fri Nov 4 16:00:29 NZDT 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 15:50:16 +1300 , Peter Jones <PeterJ at indeserve.co.nz> wrote:

> > I'm looking for a multiport serial card to use in a Fedora
> > Core machine.  Any suggestions for readily available devices?

> This sort of thing?
> http://www.digi.com/products/multiportserialcards/classicboard.jsp

I suppose.  Do they work well with Linux (i.e. no binary-only drivers),
and who sells them here?

> How many ports and how many cards? There are some old, full length 4 port
> ISA cards at work

For this project, I'm after something that's 4-port, PCI, new, and
readily obtainable.  Although if you have some old ISA cards you're
happy to part with, I'd be interested; something to provide serial
console access to machines in the datagarage would be useful.

donald