[wellylug] SOLVED: Xorg --> "No Core Pointer !"

David Antliff dave.antliff at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 26 21:52:37 NZDT 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Adam Bogacki wrote:
> Google led me to a suggestion that the PS/2 mouse and the nvidia driver
> don't work with 'the new kernel' (in his case 2.6.7, in mine 2.6.5)

If you can, I would definitely recommend upgrading to a more recent 2.6
kernel - those two versions in particular had some interesting issues.

With the last few versions, things have settled down a bit. I'm not sure
what the issue du jour is with the 2.6.13 kernel though.

One thing at a time, though, right? :)

--
David.