[wellylug] Software Freedom Day Organization meeting.

Joel W Pauling joel.pauling at vuw.ac.nz
Sun Sep 4 19:01:51 NZST 2005

Hi all,

I would like to extend an invitation to everyone who wishes to help out
with SFD to come to the Organizational meeting to be held this Wednesday
Evening(1800 start) in the Cotton Club(Cotton Building rm 339), at
Victoria University's Kelburn Campus, there is parking available, and
Pizza can be ordered before hand from :
http://interface.org.nz/ifwiki/?xembed=MeetingsWithPizzaz

Pizza orders must be in by 1745.

As some of you may be aware, this coming Saturday (10th) is SFD. I have
been trying hard to get an organizational framework in place, current
status is available from :
http://interface.org.nz/ifwiki/?xembed=SoftwareFreedomDay

We would like to advertise wlug's intstallfest as part of it. I think
this would be very useful for people who might be interested in getting
*nix, but unsure of where to go, ans as the SFD events are designed to
be public would be a great opportunity.

We are also currently in need of various distros (live cd's esp), as not
all the materials promised have arrived (most note ably CD's).

If you want to help/participate but cannot make the meeting this
Wednesday please e-mail me.

Kind regards

Joel W