[wellylug] screen blanking

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jedolinux.com
Sat Sep 17 16:32:41 NZST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 19:42 -0700, Brent Wood wrote:
> A Linux PC running KDE, no KDE screensaver enabled, but the screen is blanking
> after about 5 minutes. A keypress or mouse move un-blanks it.
>
> Screen blanking is disabled in BIOS, no screensaver in KDE that I can find...
>
> Any ideas on what might be blanking it? Some X setting I know nothing about?

it could be some X setting you know nothing about.

under the moniter section, there is some stuff to do with power
management.

take a look there.

try turning off: Option "DPMS"

that's got something to do with moniter power management.

--
Jethro Carr <jethro.carr at jedolinux.com>

www.jethrocarr.jedolinux.com

www.jethrocarr.jedolinux.com/index.php?page=cv/cv.php