[wellylug] Debian > Sid > KDE > Digikam

Gordon Paynter lists at paynter.info
Mon Sep 19 20:18:18 NZST 2005

Hi all:

I've been having some problems using Digikam in Debian sid, which I assume is
fallout from the recent changes to KDE.  All my packages are KDE 3.4.2, and
most things just work.  I cannot see anyone else reporting similar problems
anywhere, so I was wondering if anyone else here uses Digikam and has (or
not) the following issues:

1. Albums no longer have iconsm, and cannot be assigned icons.

2. I can import images, but a lot of them are given some sort of standard
"broken image" icon instead of a "preview" icon.

3. I can see view albums, but clicking on a tag gives this error:

  Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
  klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_digikamtags'.

4. Attempting to move an image from one Album to another gives this error:

  Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
  klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_digikamio'.

Any pointers from digikam users (or KDE experts) appreciated.

Gordon
--
Gordon Paynter (http://www.paynter.info)