[wellylug] Slightly OT?

Cliff Pratt enkidu at cliffp.com
Wed Apr 19 09:21:58 NZST 2006

Darryl Hamilton wrote:
> Cliff Pratt wrote:
>
>>>This may be considered slightly OT, but does anyone recommend a
>>>(preferably) RO ext2 file system driver for Windows (XP/SP2)??
>

> The only one I know of is ext2ifs (by the same person who writes
> explore2fs). It's been a while since I've used it, but it worked pretty
> well at the time.
>
> http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/ext2ifs.htm

Yeah, I know that one, but he says "This version probably does not work
under XP SP2". Also he irritatingly refers to Windows 2000 as NT5.0 and
XP as NT5.1.... So what if it technically is. Most people refere to
those OSes aby Microsoft's name for them. Um. I suppose that's not a
good reason not to use the software?

Cheers,

Cliff

--