[wellylug] Editing MediaWiki Monobook CSS

Jonathan Harker jon at jon.geek.nz
Fri Apr 28 22:45:21 NZST 2006

On Friday 28 April 2006 08:39, Michael Dittmer wrote:
> When editing the Monobook.css file inside of Mediawiki I can use
> (index.php?title=MediaWiki:Monobook.css):
>
> #footer         { display:none; }
>
> However, the above command stops the footer from appearing. What I would
> like to do is to only have certain parts of the fotter visible (eg: Last
> Modified and About).
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to do that?

In the footer, the about and modified are in <li> elements with ids of "about"
and "lastmod" respectively, eg.

    <li id="lastmod"> ...modified info...  </li>
    <li id="about"> ...modified info...  </li>

So in your CSS you will need to turn off all the block elements inside the
footer, then turn on only lastmod and about. Something like:

  #footer ul li, #footer div {
    display: none;
  }
  #footer ul li#about, #footer ul li#lastmod {
    display: block;
  }

--
Jonathan Harker