[wellylug] crazy changes, brain power needed

Persian veganforlife at clear.net.nz
Sun Aug 6 12:57:54 NZST 2006

Hi all again

We got cable installed last Friday. There are
2 pc's on the cable modem.

My connection speed was fine all Friday and
all day Saturday till I went to bed but I get up today
to find everything is really slow. All OK on the
other pc, tried swapping ports etc.
I don't know where to look next, we have fiddled with
wiring, emptied cache and history.

Fetchmail is very slow, and it was fast yesterday.

Speeds I am getting for the web pages to load with Firefox are -

Westpac 19 seconds
Trademe 19 seconds
Google 10 seconds
ANZ 30 seconds
Superbank 30 seconds

Can ANYONE please suggest anything to help me, I am happy
to pay someone for onsite help.

thanks heaps
Lyndsay

--

"As long as people will shed the blood of innocent creatures there can be no
peace, no liberty, no harmony between people. Slaughter and justice cannot

"Atrocities are not less atrocities when they occur in laboratories and are
called medical research" - George Bernard Shaw

'The question is not, can they reason?  Nor can they talk?  But can they suffer?
Jeremy Bentham.