[wellylug] crazy changes, brain power needed

Andrej andrej at paradise.net.nz
Sun Aug 6 14:40:02 NZST 2006

On Sunday 06 August 2006 14:16, Persian wrote:
> Hi,

> This would be a nice answer but my partners pc is all fine
> and just as fast as Friday and Saturday, only I have the
> problems.
I don't know - if his machine is a Windows-box it's probably
caching stuff differently?  All I know is that queries to the
paradise-nameservers have been failing since this morning,
without changes to my networking setup.  My cable modem
dangles of a 100-bit port of a dedicated router/server (a
linux-box, of course, that has the second interface on a
little 100MBit switch).  I don't see any different behaviour
between the server itself or any of the clients on the home-
network (none of them however are windows machines).

The "real" test for your situation would be: what does your
mate get when he opens a cmd and tries an nslookup for
the hosts that you have difficulty reaching.

> Lyndsay

Cheers,
Andrej

--
"Vegetarian, n: old indian word, means: he who is a bad hunter"